Entries are open for Round 4 of the CDMC 2021 Autocross series. Round 3 was attended by a record 26 drivers and we hope to better that number in Round 4 the final of 2021.
Club Nights are to restart at a new venue, The Snowy Owl in Cramlington, in the “green section”, on the 18th of August starting at 8pm. This will be the new location for club nights and will be held on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month.
The address is The Snowy Owl, Blagdon Lane, Cramlington, NE23 8AU
Round 3 Entries are Open!
Entries are open for Round 3 of the CDMC 2021 Autocross Series being held just outside Ponteland on the 19th of September.
CDMC are proud to announce that spectators will now be welcomed back, and because they have missed most of our events, we are offering free of charge spectator entry to our final events in September and October.
Steve Liddle CDMC Vice Chairman: “It has never been cheaper or easier to compete/marshal/spectate!”
Below you will find links to the CDMC Quarterly Newsletters. The aim is to release these once a quarter to CDMC members. If you wish to partake, contribute or have announcements/classifieds/advertise please feel free to get in touch with the club for inclusion in the next Newsletter.
2021 – 1st Quarter Newsletter (click download button below to view)
Please download the 2021 CDMC Autocross Supplementary Regulations
For MSUK RS Clubman license you can apply online here: https://www.motorsportuk.org/get-started/2020-rs-clubman-licence/
From Steve Liddle CDMC Vice Chairman:
“We have announced the PROVISIONAL Club Autocross Championship dates for
18th April Funday
9th May round 1
13th June round 2 (Postponed)
25th July round 2
**19th September round 3** (Rescheduled from the 12th Sept)
10th October round 4
We are hoping to run a 5 round club championship but we really need the entries to make this happen so get those cars dug out and fettled!
We had 20+ new drivers at the recent open days so numbers of 40 + should be possible if past drivers come back out. As ever we are striving to get this going again but covid restrictions have really put us on the back foot this year, so lets make 2021 a season to remember.
Due to covid restrictions and now the impending second lockdown we have no choice but to postpone the AGM until after new year. So our current committee will continue in current roles until then.
We would like to wish everyone all the best for Christmas and see you in the new year!”
The CDMC 2020 Funday (1) was an astoundingly good day.
On behalf of the club and the organising team I’d like to say a massive thank you to all the marshals, drivers, service crews, medics, recovery crew, photographers, families and people who weren’t there that supported us too, with logistical/technical event support. You all made it a success.
I cannot understate how well it all came together yesterday. It was safe, the track came alive, everyone played their part with the participation and safety/distancing rules, we had incredible marshal support, we had a wide ranging field of cars and drivers, the facilities were good and the weather was perfect.
The most rewarding thing for me was seeing the smiles.
To those that couldn’t make it, October is your month to come and join in. So get prepping/fixing those cars.
Planning has already started on Funday 2 which we are planning for October* (dates to be circulated this week). In the coming days we’ll start to preplan and organise a wash up meeting. Anyone who wishes to support CDMC is invited to this meeting and contribute, with input from Funday 1 and ideas for Funday 2!
Thank you all for making this work, and if anyone wants to ask questions or offer support please get in touch with me via my contact details below.
We look forward to seeing you all in October for Funday 2 Saturday the 3rd of October. Online Entry Here
The CDMC Committee
- 0.6+ mile track
- 3 laps per run
- As many Runs as we can fit in
- Open to all Motor Sport and Road Cars
- Held near Ponteland
- Junior drivers 14+ welcome
- £60 Entry Fee in Advance via bank transfer (£70 on the day)
- No Camping*
- No Spectators*
- Closing date for entries is 27th September at 7pm
* Due to Covid19
- Enter Online Here
- Contact the CDMC Competition Secretary – Simon Tappin for an entry form via firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Saturday October 3rd – Funday 2
Keep’em coming! Enter Online Here
Reasons to Marshal:
- Marshalling enables motorsport to occur in a safe manner
- Without marshals events cannot operate
- It’s incredibly rewarding
- Allows you to learn how events operate before participating
- Gets you close to the action
- WE NEED YOU!
Our Next Event is 3rd of October
- Motorsport events can’t happen without Marshals and we need everyone of you to help make our events as successful and safe as possible.
- Contact Glen Richards our Chief Marshal to register an interest via email: email@example.com
- Every year we democratically elect our committee
- Our 2020 Committee consists of:
- Wayne Coakley (Chairman)
- Steve Liddle (Vice Chairman)
- Antonia Tappin (Treasurer)
- Michelle Lowden (Club Secretary)
- Glen Richards (Chief Marshal)
- Kate Beckwith Setterfield (Press Officer)
- Simon Tappin (Competition Secretary)